Corrosion and fouling are two major problems affecting all shipborne commercial activities.
National and international experts will present overviews about current evolutions, challenging case studies and new possibilities of state-of-the-art monitoring systems.
The symposium seeks for answers on the following questions and aims to sharpen your knowledge on the hot topics below.
- What is maritime corrosion and how can we fight it?
- What is maritime fouling and how can we fight it?
- Insights in maritime corrosion with attention to microbially induced corrosion
- Extending the lifetime of coating systems by professional application
- What is coating-friendly design?
- Innovative survey methods
- Biofouling and the marine ecosystem
- Influence of biofouling on ship performance
- Biocides and legislation, national & international
On purpose the fundamental scientific approach was abandoned a little bit in favor of the immediate applicability. The objective is that this symposium is accessible to everybody with a sound interest in ships and the sea. The symposium focuses on all ship related professions such as ship owners and managers, national and international rule makers, classification societies, insurance companies, stevedores, port captains and officers, present and future ship captains and officers.
AMACORT and Hogere Zeevaart School hope to meet and greet you on the 1st of April 2019 and wish you an enjoyable symposium!